Update Latest Firmware For your HP Printer
HP Printers - Update Latest Firmware for your HP Printer
Released on: 05 Jun 2017
Please Note: This article is helpful for HP Inkjet and LaserJet Series printers only.
HP use to release new versions of printer firmware regularly, which are updated with new issue fixes and further product enhancements. You can receive these updates through apps on the printer control panel, depending upon the series and model of your printer. To get the best output from your HP printer you must be sure that the firmware and apps on your device should always remain up to date.
You can use one of the below given methods to update the latest firmware on your printer. If first method does not work, you can try the second one.
Most of the HP printer devices released in the year 2010 and later supports Web Services feature available in them, like cloud based printing support which includes ePrint option, printer or device apps, automatic firmware updates, and the content that you can easily print directly from the help of control panel. These printers are the best to find and install latest updates with the help of an efficient internet connection.
NOTE: It is necessary that the supported printers should be connected to a wired or wireless network with an Internet connection to automatically install the latest updates. On the other hand, if the printer is connected to the computer with a USB cord or cable, this update method will not work. In such condition, you can take the help of HP Printer Assistant or can continue with the second method given below to download latest firmware from the www.hp.com/support website.
- First observe the navigation of the printer to exactly locate the update feature, beacuse menu names and icons vary printer by printer.
- Printers which support ePrint icon or button: Press or touch the HP ePrint icon or, press or touch Setup or Settings if necessary, then press or touch Check Product Updates or Product Update.
- Printers which support text-based menus: Select the Settings, Setup or Service menu, select Preferences or Printer Maintenance option, or Tools if required, then select Printer Update, or Web Services, , or LaserJet Printer Update.
- If you are asked to accept terms of service or sign up, follow the given on-screen instructions to enable your device Web Services and to setup automatic latest updates. This process sets up the Internet connection of printer, so that it can receive the updates.
- If the update process of printer does not starts automatically, select Check for latest Updates or any other available similar menu to start the update process.
How to install the latest available firmware version for your printer firmware from the HP printer assistant downloads page.
- First make sure that the printer device is on, and connected to the computer through USB cord/cable or your local network.
- Now go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads page, and then enter your printer series or model number.
- If required, select your operating system.
- Click Firmware link, and then click Download link.
If a Firmware link or section is not listed, it means, no current update is available for your printer.
- Click Use HP Download and Install Assistant (Recommended), then click Next, and then again click on Install now.
- See whether printer serial number displays, when the HP Printer Update window opens.
- If the serial number displays: Select the checkbox next to it, and then click on Update link.
- If the serial number displays but 'not applicable' status displays (in faded background): You need not to complete the firmware update. Just click on Cancel link.
- If the serial number does not display: If your printer is using a network connection, connect a USB cord/cable to the computer and printer, wait approx 20 seconds, and then click on Refresh link. After that, when the printer serial number displays, just select the checkbox next to it, and then click on Update link.
- When the update is completed, click on OK link.
- Remove the USB driver installed by the windows, if you had used a USB cable to update your network printer.
- Search Windows for Devices and Printers, and then click on Printers and Devices in the resultant list.
- Give a right-click on the USB printer device link that matches your printer model, and then select the Remove Device option.
- At last, restart the computer, after removing the USB cord or cable from the printer and computer.
If you are still facing any kind of issue with your HP printer, whether it is related to firmware updates or not, you may simply avail instant online help from the HP Customer Support by calling Tollfree HP Support Number 1(844) 865-7001 (US/Canada) or 0(800) 368-6150 (UK) or You may also visit www hpsupport com